The Mission of Kedron Elementary
The Kedron School community strives for excellence in all things. The vision of Kedron Elementary is to create and develop:
- A coherent curriculum, which focuses on language as expressed in words, numbers and the arts, that utilizes technology as an integral component of learning.
- A shared sense of purpose defining the school as a community with teachers as leaders and parents as partners to promote learning in a just, disciplined and caring environment.
- A climate for learning which encourages the whole child as a motivated learner.
- A commitment to character to ensure each child's becoming responsible as an individual person and as a productive citizen.
- A school environment that promotes the physical and emotional well-being of students, staff and parents.
Student learning is the chief priority of the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility in advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident self-directed, lifelong learners.